The State and Parish Burn Ban has been lifted. Still keep these general outdoor burning safety tips in mind when burning.
- Check the weather-Don’t burn on windy days.
- If you must burn trash, don’t pile it on the ground. It will not burn completely and will easily blow away.
- Never attempt to burn any aerosol cans; Flying metal from exploding cans may cause an injury. Burning trash scattered by such an explosion has caused the spread of many fires
- Always stay until the fire is finished burning.
- Keep fires as far away from structure as possible (but within distance of a garden hose or other water source.)
- Never use gasoline or other flammables to start your fire.
- Call 911 IMMEDIATELY if you need any assistance. DO NOT WAIT.
If you have any outdoor burning questions be sure to contact us at 318-872-2453 before you begin burning.